Saturday, April 10, 2010

Back By Popular Demand...

You asked for it (mom) and you got it!! We sure have been busy growing, eating, and living!!  Jake is now 8 MONTHS old!!  When he was first born I remember around 2 months (when I was EXHAUSTED)  people would ask me "doesn't it go so fast" and I would think "um, NO.  You clearly are not waking up with him every night.  I have felt ever SINGLE day that has gone by!!!"  But now I can totally see what they meant. 

So what has Jake been up to??  Well, let me tell you.  He has been VERY busy growing teeth.  He has 5 teeth!! 3 on top and 2 on bottom!  My sister calls him Dr. Teeth, because he has a PHD in teeth growing!  Seriously, he cute 3 teeth in ONE week! 

The first 2 came in February which I fondly refer to as the month of hell.  After my adorable little post about our time in Dallas for Valentines Day where Jake was such a good boy he decided to retaliate.  In his defense, he cut his first 2 teeth at one time and that was literally HELL for him... Then after the week of torture from the teeth, I got the stomach flu - of course I couldn't be the ONLY one to get it.  The next day as I was still recovering, Sean started to feel bad.  Then the next day guess who got it?  If you guessed Jake you were right!  

In March, Sean and I took our first trip without the babe. We went skiing in Beaver Creek, CO.  He stayed with my sister and her family and had a great time!  Thanks yall for watching him!

Jake is ALMOST a full time crawler.  For now he will crawl a few steps, stop, do a push up, then decide to roll where he is going.  Sometimes I think he is perfectly content rolling everywhere...       

I'm Back!!!

Everything, and I mean everything goes in his mouth these days, but it is usually his fingers.

Jake is giving the camera his look at how handsome I am face

Papaw and Jake being silly and having fun!

Shae looking pretty and Jake doing what he does best, putting his hands in his mouth

What's up next for Jake?  Well, his CA cousins are coming to visit him in April for a little Fiesta Fun!  We are so excited to see them!!  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Jake! What a mouth full of chompers you have! Can't wait to get together soon and let our two mobile monsters go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think I have this figured out. Love the post. you are so good at it. What an adorable achiever Jake is. His expressions do his talking. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..he is just so stinkin cute!!!! What a little cutie pie!!! Loved hearing the progress report....he is precious. I hope we get together soon...Sunday Funday anyone??? Not at my house for a while.. ...just finished babysitting Samantha..and here comes Charlie.....Pax is right around the corner...it's raining babies over hear..lol!
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete