The Wednesday before New Years Eve we went to pick up Jake from babyschool and there was a note on his classroom door that basically said "FYI there was a reported case of RSV in one of the kids in this class..." Immediately I thought, Jake is going to get RSV, GREAT! Well, the day after New Year's came and he had a low temperature but was very snuggly and just wanted to be held. I thought, oh well this isn't SO BAD. Well that was right, that wasn't so bad. The next day was. Poor baby couldn't keep any food down due to a HORRIBLE cough that would bring anything in his tummy right on up. Of course it was the weekend so the nurse on the phone (who by the way, could tell how labored his breathing was, OVER THE PHONE) told us to calmly drive to the nearest ER. There they suctioned his nose with the most power nose sucker ever. This really ticked Jake off but it did an excellent job. Infact I wish I had one for when I was sick. They also gave him a breathing treatment and 5 hours later sent us home. The next day we saw Jake's Dr who gave us our very own nebulizer for breathing treatments that we had to give him every 4 hours for 4 days.
He has since recovered. Poor little guy didn't have a bottle for 5 whole days - mind you this is the child who will LOSE HIS MIND if he goes longer then 4 hours without a bottle. He has more then made up for this since then by seriously stepping up the consumption (think 8oz EVERY bottle!)
Here is Jake with my mom and his nebulizer getting a breathing treatment
Here is Jake with my mom and his nebulizer getting a breathing treatment
Poor little guy felt so icky. He would just lay there and stare at you
I have to say that we are truly blessed with such a good baby. Even as sick as he was he was still such a good boy. I am so glad that he is better. Oh, and I am so glad what was the first of what I am sure will be many trips(boys...) to the ER is over.

No comments:
Post a Comment